The detoxifying mud wrap is a 1.5 hr treatment used for the cleansing and rejuvenation of the skin. A treatment that will leave you feeling deeply rejevenated and connected along with a healthy radiant glow.
The treatment is quite an event which has many stages, each taking you deeper and deeper into a relaxed state.
1) Firstly a remedial/lymphatic drainage massage is completed to sooth away tension and stress locked into muscle tissue. It also releases any built up toxicity throughout the muscular system ready for removal by the lymphatics and skin. This takes around 45 minutes by which time you will feel very relaxed.
2) A specifically designed exfoliation blend is massaged over the body to exfoliate the skin which starts the detoxification process. The blend has a mixture of oils, volcanic ashes and abraisives to draw built up toxins from the body.
3) The body is now ready for the mud formula which is massaged into the skin using lymphatic style movements . The formula is unique to the spa here in Blackheath. It consists of different volcanic ashes, oils and herbal extracts specifically used to draw waste and toxins from the body. You will feel a slight tingling sensation when this happens. The body is then wrapped in cotton sheets and special blankets to further draw impurites from the body.
4) The face is treated whilst you are wrapped up. The formula used is much gentler and has been blended to exfoliate, cleanse and moisturize the face.
5) After the facial, you are left alone in the room for a short time with relaxing music playing softly in the background.
6) You are now unwrapped and the mud washed away using the shower facilities located in the room.
7) Come back into the room after the shower for another more relaxing sensuous style massage to end the treatment.
The cost of this 1.5 hour treatment in $180